Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Calendar Shopping

I like to wait until after the new year to buy my calendar. Just as I had planned, the calendar kiosk in the mall had their 50% off signs displayed proudly (I can be frugal... sometimes). I looked at about every calendar when I finally laid my eyes on a calendar by Susan Branch.

To be honest, I've never heard of this woman before, but her calendar is right up my alley. It has cute sayings, doodles, and suggestions sprinkled all through it. Call me crazy, but I only looked at the month of January in order to keep some elements of surprise in the coming months.

"All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today <3 " -SB

Above is a collage of photos I took from the cover and January pages.
A few months ago, I also purchased on my kindle the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson, Ph. D. When I read it, the suggestions and ideas he wrote about were so obvious to me, yet I could think of vivid examples where I had indeed "sweat(ed) the small stuff". Well, there just so happened to be a day-to-day calendar available based on that book, so I snagged it and now I can't wait to put it on my desk at work.


Time to transfer the birthdays and appointments from my old calendar to my new calendar. It may sound lame, but this is also a lot of fun for me because I get to quickly reminisce about the last year through the little scribbles of notes from my 2012 calendar.

This year, I really am focusing on my soul, and so far it feels good! It's the little things that mean the most to me, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment