Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello, 2013!

Hello!

There are still about 20 minutes left of 1/1/13, just enough time for me to create this quick post about how I'm going to try to "blog" this year. I always make resolutions for myself, even though I never usually stick to them. This year I jotted down a few resolutions that were a little more broad, therefore, more realistic for me to maintain:

  • Run 365 miles in 2013 (I got this idea from my brother's girlfriend who ran 1000 miles in 2012)
  • Love harder (So much to say about this one)
  • Laugh More (Cried too much in 2012)
  • Go out more (I'm going to be 24 this year! There are no excuses to stay in as much as I do)
  • Facebook/Post less (Facebook has become quite an addiction of mine, as well as a channel of negative energy, whether from my own posts, or from posts from friends)
  • Take more pictures (I recently went though a high school photo album of mine. I had TONS of photos back then... now I don't take as many, and when I do, I hardly ever print them out. Memories are better cherished with pictures there for easy reminders)
  • Read more (I recently purchased a Kindle and I LOVE IT)
  • And now I should add "blog more" to the list since I just created this blog on a whim tonight after reading a friend's blog.
I'm pretty pumped about these! There's just something about increasing the last digit of the year that makes you feel entitled to a fresh start.

I really hated 2012 when I think about my overall attitude for the year, so I keep telling myself that 2013 will surely be better. Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your blog and happy new year! I know I struggle to keep up with my blog (it's hard work) but I like it! It's a good idea to put goals up because then everyone is holding you accountable! Higher chance for success!

    Love the blog name too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog! I sometimes have a hard time keeping it updated like I want to, but I have to remember my sanity is what counts so sometimes the blog has to wait!

    ReplyDelete