Saturday, March 30, 2013

St. Patrick's Day - 2013

March 17th, 2013:

The morning started out with me finishing up the walls in the living room/kitchen areas:

I still haven't started the bedroom - which is just two walls. Right now my bed/dresser push right against the wall, and I don't feel like dealing with it yet.

Later that afternoon, Jamie came over and we headed out to look at a dining room table set that we found on craigslist. I thought it was okay, but I wanted to think about it a little longer, so we headed downtown to Sweet Mel's to enjoy some burgers and green beer.




After dinner, I decided I wanted that dining table set, so we headed back to that house to pick it up. Once we got it loaded, it was time to drag it back to my apartment.

This is when my fabulous night turned into a dreadful night. I opened the door to my apartment and immediately noticed that Penny didn't run to the door to greet me. The door to my bedroom was shut, so I knew I accidentally left her in there with the door closed. My first reaction was "oh great, I wonder if she peed anywhere..." Well -- it was much worse. She tried to dig her way out of the bedroom. The only thing I can think of is she was terrified of the rain that night and is not used to being the room alone with the door closed:

Since I was transferring to another apartment in the same complex, the apartment agreed to just transfer my $300 pet deposit fee to the new place.... that was before this happened. I was so upset I cried.

Eventually I stopped crying and we drug the table set up to the apartment.


It's hard to be mad at a dog that didn't really know what she was doing. Her poor little snout was so red and raw... and I had to get tweezers and pull carpet out of her teeth.



It was a crazy day.

1 comment: