Sunday, February 17, 2013

Coming Back Home to Gainesville!

January 25th, 2013:

After another 1.5 hours on the train, we had arrived at the airport.


We were pretty hungry, so we took a short train ride to get some food at a restaurant called The Grasshopper in Amsterdam. The last time we were in Amsterdam, there was no snow on the ground. Now it was an icy, slippery city.

From inside the restaurant:




 The Politie after someone:
 More canals:
We made it an early night because we wanted to get sleep since the last long flight we had, we didn't get any sleep.

January 26th, 2013:

It was snowing the day we had to fly out of Schiphol. I was worried it would delay our flight, which it did. It didn't end up being a big deal, just more of an annoyance. We got asked just as many weird questions as we did when we arrived to the NL. They wanted to know how long we have known the people we were traveling with, if we had any equipment that was issued to us from work, etc. Intimidating, but we passed.






We had to stop to give time to "de-ice' the plane. They sprayed down the plane with some liquid that took about 20 minutes. The pilots were able to make up time based on what airway traffic control allowed them. 


The flight ended up being pretty good. It was another 9.50 hours when it was supposed to be over 10. There were no crying babies, and I was able to catch some sleep. When we arrived in Atlanta, I was so happy to have my phone signal back! I let my parents and Jamie know we were still on schedule. My mom sent me the following photos of my dogs, which have been staying with them for the last month.

 We were wornnnn out. One more flight to go to get to Gainesville.


An hour and fifteen minute flight to Gainesville only took 45 minutes. I couldn't stop smiling when I saw Jamie walk through the door at the airport! My bags came out shortly after and we were off to my apartment where I couldn't wait to sleep in my own bed! It didn't take long to fall asleep that night, the only unfortunate thing was that I couldn't sleep in as long as I wanted to. Oh well, I was just glad to be home safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment