Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Country Girl Will Survive

February 7th, 2013:

Last July I finally got around to taking a concealed weapons permit course at Harry Beckwith Gun Range in Micanopy. The only thing I needed to finish my application were fingerprints and a check in the mail for $112. I knew Jamie was missing the same things to complete his since he could just use DD-214 papers from his Navy days, so I convinced him to go down to the police station to finally get our fingerprints done on our lunch break. They only do fingerprints Tuesday - Thursday during limited hours, so this was the best opportunity for us.



It was a fairly fast process that I really should have done a long time ago. The woman who did our prints said we had 60 days to get them in the mail, otherwise they would not longer be valid. I don't really understand this concept. Do fingerprints change?



I'm pumped about getting my concealed weapons permit. There are plenty of times that I'm out and about and wish I had something extra in my purse, even if just to ease my mind. You literally just never know!

Earlier in the week, I also convinced Jamie to go to :08 (8 seconds) with Megan and her crew as her "last Thursday" in Gainesville! For those of you who don't know about :08, it's a country bar in downtown Gainesville that literally has large cow spots painted all over it. I always have a blast here trying to line-dance. Anytime I've mentioned this to Jamie, I was given a "hell no".

We didn't want to eat heavy, so I made another Publix appetizer, Spinach and Artichoke bites. I loved them!


We got all duded up and were ready to tear up the dance floor.

I'm so hot! ha
My parents called me this night before we went out and I told them about Jamie coming to :08. My mom asked if Jamie had his boots on (haha - good joke). Of course he doesn't own boots, but I do!!!
We got downtown a little earlier than we planned, so we stopped at one of our favorite bars close by, Sweet Mel's (it actually turns into Naughty Mel's at night - true story).
Jamie told me that he might dance if he had enough Patron in him... so that's what he started the night with -- a couple of shots with training wheels (salt and lime to ease the sting). I decided on some sort of raspberry martini.
Not too long after that Megan arrived downtown and met us up at Sweet Mel's for a few minutes before we hit the club.
We walked over to :08 to meet back up with Megan's sister and friends in the sprinkling rain. I was disappointed in the rain because even the tiniest bit of moisture in the air turns my hair into a frizzy mess.
I seriously can't write it enough how happy I was to have Jamie with me at one of my favorite places.

After a few more shots of Patron, I had Jamie dancing with me on the dance floor. He was so much fun to dance with that I can't believe he has kept this from me for so long! (Thank you, Megan, for getting a shot of us).
He didn't participate in many line dances, but there were chances for "booty breaks" where we sweated our booties off in the middle of the floor.

If I didn't say it enough already, WE HAD THE BEST TIME!


We didn't stay till close because we had to work in the morning, but we stayed pretty late. I drove tipsy Jamie to Taco Bell so he could soak up some of that alcohol since we didn't really eat dinner. I was shocked that after 6 shots and 2 beers he woke up in the morning with no hangover and ready to go.



:)

No comments:

Post a Comment