Saturday, February 2, 2013

Just before I left for Europe

Holy moly, it has been quite some time since my last blog post. I fully intended on updating my blog while over in Europe, but I honestly never had the time. Now here I am, back in the USA with lots of photos and stories to share. I still have been managing to take at least a photo a day as I mentioned here. I don't have a lot of time right now to share everything to get me back up-to-date, but I'll do what I can.

Where to begin...?

January 6th - My photo for Jan 6th is from eating at a new Chinese Buffet that opened up near the mall.

Like the end of every good Chinese meal (which this place was just okay to me), you're given a fortune cookie. My great fortune was "you are about to become $8.95 poorer ($6.95 if you had the buffet)." Well, I got the buffet, and it was more than $6.95! I should've complained. haha



January 7th - I wish I didn't have the buffet because the next morning.... I was sick. I had the 2nd worst migraine I've ever had, along with queasy stomach. I had to call in from work it was that bad. Even the smallest bit of sunshine was killer so I popped some pain pills and left my pillow over my eyes until well after noon that day. At one point, the news came on with an animal expert who brought out some animals, including a gator with no tape around his mouth, and an owl. The owl would stare right into the camera with his cool eyes. Love animals!


Later that afternoon, I felt a lot better and decided I better get to laying out the things I need to pack for my two week trip. This is an instance that I was kind of glad my pups weren't at home to walk all over my things and get their fur everywhere.


Back in high school, I took a trip to New York City with my best friends for a few days. Even knowing I'd be there for only a few days, I managed to pack 47 pounds worth of stuff! You can believe me when I say that I was extremely worried about the weight limit of my suitcase for this upcoming trip if I was going to be away for a little more than two weeks. I seriously had to use self-control and only pack about a week's worth of clothing. I didn't load the suitcase yet this day. I literally just laid items out to get a feel for what I needed.

This day happened to the Nat'l Championship game day as well, so Jamie and I took some time out to watch it at Beef O'Brady's since I'm too poor to afford cable (ESPN). Personally, I thought it was a boring game, but what can ya do?


January 8th - My photo for this day is from when I was sitting at a red light off the interstate. Cigarette butts everywhere. I hate when people smoke around me, but I hate it even more when these smokers throw their butts out the window. It should be considered the same as littering and you should be held accountable and fined.


This brings me to January 9th -- bowling night/day before my birthday/day before my flight.

This was a good night! Meet my bowling team "That's How We Roll", Jamie, Dan, and Joe:


I feel bad for one of coworkers (not pictured) who got a lot of inappropriate messages from my phone that I didn't write. Kind of embarrassing actually.



And these photos above are before things got fuzzy and these shots and beer were added. They say liquor before beer, you're in the clear.....



I'm not sure what did it that night, but somehow I built up confidence to sing karaoke in the bar. Nicki Minaj "Super Bass". Unfortunately, there is a video, but that is not showing up on this blog! You will have to settle with a photo from the video. I'm kind of glad Jamie videoed it because I learned that I need some new dance moved.. the hand in the air thing is lame.



I'm pretty sure my parents called me somewhere around here. They were trying to ask me if I was ready for my flight the next day... my mom only talked to me for a minute before she passed me off to my dad. She worries too much! :)

Our night didn't stop there. I decided that I needed a trip to the Waffle House. 


I guess we ended up making several mini videos at the table that I sent to my best friend Jessica in Tampa. (Sorry, Jessica!)  And sorry, Jamie, for making you take so many pictures with me.




Yeah, I think he likes me.

And then our food came (which I still think I have left overs in my fridge today):


I think the waitress liked our table. She was even willing to take a photo of us. Check out Jamie's face.


Good times. I ended up sleeping like a baby that night, with an early morning wake up call to go pick up my car. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment