Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"Lost in a February Song"

Hello, February! So far you have been so good to me!

I have been having a lot of bitter-sweet moments, but more and more I am thankful for where I am today, even if I don't outwardly show it to the people I love the most. Maybe I'm just growing up?

February 1st, 2013:

Jamie and I often times take advantage of Groupons, Get My Perks, and Living Social deals. He bought one to this place called "The Working Cow" which neither one of us had heard of before. Google maps showed us a place near the Sweetbay on 34th Street, so we thought the old Florida Book Store was converted to a restaurant.

Wrong.

The Working Cow is actually an Ice Cream shop inside of "Gumby's Pizza". To be honest, I was disappointed to find this out, but we went in anyway since we already had the coupon. Our deal was for 2 subs(or wraps), 2 sides, and 2 pints of ice cream(or milkshakes), all for 10 dollars. It was DELICIOUS, and very filling!
 

I had to box up half my sandwich (which I accidentally left in the fridge at work, and it got thrown away), and we took the pints of ice cream to go, which Jamie eventually took home for Kailey.

At this point, my mom and dad still had my dogs at their house, so I would get the occasional photo of them doing cute things. I think my mom did this so it would entice me to come down to Plant City to pick them back up. Not that she doesn't love them... she just enjoys not having to look after them 24/7.

Later that night, I had plans to go out dancing with one of my friends Megan. She actually moved to Ohio later this month, so I took advantage of time with her while I could.

Some more friends of ours joined us for dinner at the Olive Garden beforehand. Megan got an awesome photo of me tossing the salad, so I took a candid photo of her as well. (You're welcome!)

We hit up Gator City in midtown. It was still dime night, so every wells drink was literally only a dime. I only needed a double to get me feeling loose and ready to dance.
Megan's sister and friends showed up later and we danced the night away. Ironically enough, the night ended by playing my favorite song "Scream and Shout" by Will.i.am and Britney (bitch)


I'm not sure what is up with dudes today and their pick-up lines, but one guy seriously told me he was going to try and seduce me and wanted to dance with me. Uhhh... No thank you! I prefer Megan instead! haha

February 2nd, 2013: 

The next morning I had an appointment to get my hair done at Salon 5402. If anyone in Gainesville wants to pay a little extra money to get your hair done, my lady Heidi is da BOMB. It took me a long time to find someone I trusted, and she has never done me wrong.

After:


I wish I could bottle up the way she hair styles my hair because there is NO way I can do what she does to it by myself. I tried not to move too much that day so it stayed fresh looking for Megan and Josh's going away party out in the High Springs area later that night.

Lee and Matt met me up so they could drive me out there. I knew it was down a lot of back roads and I didn't feeling like navigating to it in the dark along. (I still owe you guys a ride!) When we got there, there was an awesome bon fire already going. It felt so good mixed with light chill of the night.








One of our friends Tara made them the cutest "We Will Miss You" album full of photos and memories. She had friends leave messages in it for them. I told them to save me a spot so I can visit! (Since I have been bit by the traveling bug anyway)

Cute photo of the two of them at the party:

It was really good time! I remember the stars being so vivid this night (even saw a shooting star) that it made me miss living out in the country. Believe it or not, I'm actually from an even smaller town than Plant City called Sebring.

February 3rd, 2013:

Superbowl Sunday with my babe!
I made Texas Caviar (minus the red pepper and added garbanzo beans). So Good!
 The spread:

February 4th, 2013:

Sometimes during the 2 15-minute breaks we have at work, I take a walk with Jamie. I had to get a picture of the flowers blooming close to work.


Another random photo of this day is the candy dish I keep at my desk (please also take note of the bowling trophy behind it for women's best handicap game games for 2011-2012). I've found it to be quite the social magnet. Anyone will talk to you to get a piece of chocolate.

Fast-forward to dinner time... Jamie came over and baked me a whole Sheepshead fish -- head and all!


He stuffed it with green onions, garlic, lemon, and a variety of other spices. This is what you call perfection!
Jamie insisted that I eat some fish cheek. I honestly thought he was kidding at first, or that he wanted me to do it and then he would make fun of me for listening to him (he has that type of humor). Eventually I gave in and tried it and it was actually very tasty!

Jamie calls this "the most flavorful and succulent part of the fish -- the best part!"



February 5th, 2013:

Since we were on a seafood kick, the next night Jamie made some of his famous "Jamie's Bangin' Manhattan Fish Chowda". To get it just right, he prefers to have it simmer for hours. I helped him prep what I could, but I thought it'd be good to have a light appetizer while we waited for the chowder to cook through.

I chose Publix brand Fried Green Beans which were very good. (In fact, I bought some more tonight).


Eventually the chowder was ready. I can't reveal ALL the ingredients so people can't steal his recipe (haha) but it had lots of shrimp and spotted sea-trout.
I always want to kiss the cook!
We ate so good that night!

While he was cooking, I read him a couple of blurbs from my calendar from the month of February(which I talked about earlier here)
I'm a total sucker for cute thoughts and inspirational sayings: <3


February 6th, 2013:

Nothing like starting your morning by stalling out in your car at a red light -- when you drive an automatic. This happened only two other times since I've had the car, so I knew to put it in park, turn it off, then turn it back on. I drove it to work, but I went ahead and looked up what the warning signs that popped up on my dashboard meant.
This sign had something to do with the power steering, but I hadn't noticed anything wrong with it before. After checking out the power steering reservoir, Jamie saw it was low, but not low enough to cause an error message to display or to stall out at a red light. I think it just popped on as a "holy shiz, I  just stalled out" kind of thing.

I told my dad of the problems and he said it was time to get it down to Plant City to have it looked at. I would eventually swap vehicles with my mom, so they could help me out. (Thank you! I owe ya!)

My last comment for this day is about honey. One word: Gross! It's okay when it is honey-nut cheerios or honey-BBQ sauce, but straight up honey is nasty! Apparently Jamie really likes the stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You're always so busy and going to do fun things!! I live vicariously through you. Also, I like honey too. : )

    ReplyDelete